Rocky Road Muffins


The other day I made Rocky Road cookies, so for this post I thought it was appropriate to keep the same theme and make Double Chocolate Rocky Road muffins. I'm also loving the rocky road theme and trying to stretch it as far as I can. What next? A rocky road pizza?  I'm starting to think that the possibilities are endless when you pair chocolate, walnuts and marshmallows together. But for now I'll keep my focus on these delicious muffins; recipe, ingredients and directions found below. Happy baking! 


Heat oven to 375 F. 


Bowl 1 - Dry ingredients: 

  • 3/4 cup enriched white flour 
  • 1/4 cup date or coconut sugar 
  • 2 tsp cacao powder
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda 
  • 1/8 tsp salt 

Bowl 2 - Wet ingredients: 

  • 1/2 cup soy milk 
  • 2 TBSP maple syrup 
  • 3 TBSP olive oil 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract  

Other ingredients: 

  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1/4 cup lightly crushed walnuts 
  • 18 Dandies mini marshmallows

While you are waiting for oven to preheat, add dry ingredients to bowl first, followed by wet ingredients. Stir the batter until it is all blended  together (a few bumps in the batter are ok). Fold in the Vegan chocolate chips, crushed walnuts and mini marshmallows at the end before putting batter in the muffin tin. If you are not using muffin liners make sure to oil the muffin tin prior to adding batter.  Add batter to muffin tin and do not exceed 3/4 full. Before putting them in the oven, I also topped each muffin with 2 mini marshmallows and crushed walnuts. 


Once oven is preheated, bake for approximately 19 - 20 minutes.


Let muffins sit for about 10 minutes until cooled and then remove from muffin tin to place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight Tupperware container. 


Enjoy!! 

2 comments:

  1. More amazingness. I'm here for the muffins and cookies! Rocky Road all the things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!!! I think next I'll do pancakes or waffles!

      Delete