Baked Tempeh with Marinade


Baked tempeh to satiate your Vegan protein needs; because you know we don't get enough, or so "they" say. 😂😂

This recipe is super good and full of flavour. I'm super picky with tempeh, so in my opinion the marinade either makes it or breaks it. And this marinade definitely makes it!  Give it a try and let me know what you think. 


Tempeh Marinade: 

  • 1 TBSP oil 
  • 1 TBSP balsamic reduction
  • 1 TBSP white vinegar 
  • 1 TBSP minced garlic 
  • 1 tsp soy 
  • 1 tsp brown sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne 
  • 1/4 tsp paprika 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 

If you want an extra kick, add 1 TBSP of Sriracha or double up on the cayenne. 


All of the above ingredients get mixed in a bowl. 


You'll need 240 grams of tempeh. I used the Noble Bean brand. 


I store my tempeh in the freezer until I'm ready to use it. The day before I made this recipe I took it out of the freezer to defrost. Make sure to eat within 4 days of letting it defrost. 


Once it is fully thawed, cut the tempeh into 4 blocks and slice each one of those in half, widthwise. 


Make sure each piece of tempeh is covered in the marinade and place in a Tupperware container.


Let marinate overnight or throughout the day in the fridge. I actually let mine marinate overnight and throughout the day while I was at work; but, you don't have to marinate it that long if you don't want to. 


Set oven to 350 F and bake each side on a lightly greased baking pan or silicone baking pad for 15 minutes per side. 


Enjoy on a sandwich, in a salad or in a wrap. 




✌️💚😋

No comments:

Post a Comment