Raspberry Flax Waffles with Chocolate & Passionfruit


Who doesn't love waffles? The other day I made Raspberry Flax Waffles topped with melted Vegan chocolate chips and 2 sides of yummy passionfruit. I ended up pouring all my passionfruit on top of the waffles and let me tell you! Passion fruit & chocolate is a great combo. Who else loves having chocolate with tart fruits? 

This makes 1 - 2 servings. Depends on how hungry/hangry you are! 

Recipe & instructions is as follows: 

Step One - Dry Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup enriched white flour or Bob Mills gluten free (I've used both and they work just as good)
  • 2 TBSP ground flaxseed
  • 1 tsp of baking soda 
  • 1/2 TBSP date sugar or coconut sugar 
Step Two - Liquid Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 2 tsp's of vanilla extract 
  • 2 tsp's of olive oil 
Mix all of the above ingredients together. Once everything has been mixed, fold in 5 - 8 raspberries. 

Get out your waffle maker, lightly grease with oil of your choice and heat it up. 

I used a mini waffle maker, so I only used approximately 1/4 of the batter or slightly less. If you're using a larger waffle maker use 1/3 - 1/2 cup. I don't own a large waffle maker so use your own discretion. 

Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, remove with spatula (I have a mini one to go with my mini waffle maker) and put on cooling rack. Continue cooking waffles until you have no batter left. The light on my waffle maker usually goes off once the waffle is done. Not sure if it's the same for all waffle makers? 

I topped mine with melted Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips, passion fruit, more raspberries and a sprinkle of coconut milk powder. You can also serve with Vegan ice cream, coconut whip, maple syrup (obviously) or any other fruit than what is listed. Use your imagination! 

FYI - I melted 1/8 of a cup of chocolate chips with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil. 


Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment