Juice it up in a Smoothie


Time to juice up my blog a lil’ bit! I got a crazy idea to start a juice cleanse; however, it only lasted 1 3/4 of a day. To think I was attempting to do this for 7 days. Pfft! As if. I need food or I get hangry. 

But in the process I discovered how much I love creating fresh juice. One of my favourites consisted of the following ingredients: 
  • 5 oranges 
  • 1/2 pineapple 
  • 4 carrots 
  • 1 inch cube of ginger 
I removed the skin off of the oranges, pineapple and ginger; but left it on the carrots. You will need to cut the fruit into appropriate sizes for your juicer. All items got put through the juicer. This makes approximately 800 - 1000 ml of fresh, delicious juice. 

To make this into a tropical smoothie add the following ingredients to a high powered blender; 
  • 1 frozen banana, chopped into slices 
  • 1/2 cup of the above juice 
  • 1/2 cup plant based milk. I used soy. 
  • 1 TBSP baobab powder (optional) 
Blend all ingredients together and serve with a reusable straw. 

More juices/smoothies to be added as my new found juicing passion continues. 

Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment