Steel Cut Oatmeal with Chia Seeds


Waking up and seeing the downpour of snow, I knew there was a reason why I decided to put this delicious concoction in my slow cooker last night. Not to mention that my apartment smelled like Heaven when I woke up this morning. 

This perfect oatmeal had the following ingredients: 

  • 1 cup steel cut oats
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 5 cups of plant based milk. I used soy, but you can use coconut, almond, etc. 
  • 1/8 cup of maple syrup 
  • 1 TBSP vegan butter. I used Earth Balance. 
  • 3 tsp's of cinnamon 
  • 2 tsp's of vanilla extract 

The above ingredients were put on low in the slow cooker for 6 - 7 hours. Make sure that you stir all the ingredients together as the cinnamon likes to rest at the top. Then go to sleep and wake up to instant breakfast! All that you have to do is put it in a bowl and top with berries, cranberries, nuts, seeds, nut butter, maple syrup or whatever else your morning heart desires.

This makes 3 - 4 servings. 

ENJOY!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment